Dallas International Affairs Council
About Dallas International Affairs Council
Dallas International Affairs Council works with international visitors through various programs, including the International Visitor Program, International Visitors Committee, and International Visitor Leadership Program.
Our programs aim to facilitate person-to-person international exchanges and promote cultural understanding and diplomacy.
Here is of the types programs the foreign affairs council does and what it provides to international visitors:
1. Professional programs: Foreign affairs councils collaborate with organizations like Global Ties US and the U.S. Department of State to organize professional programs tailored to the goals of foreign visitors
2. What they provide: These programs provide opportunities for international visitors to engage with professionals in their respective fields and gain firsthand exposure to their American counterparts.
3. Facilitate cultural exchanges: Foreign affairs councils help facilitate cultural exchanges between international visitors and the local community. This can involve organizing activities, events, and visits to local attractions that showcase the culture, history, and best offerings of the host city or region.
4..Coordinate travel itineraries: U.S. embassies abroad designate which visitors will travel to the United States and determine the topics on which they will be meeting..
5. Foreign affairs councils: work with these embassies to coordinate the travel itineraries of international visitors, ensuring a smooth and productive visit.
6. Host visitors:
Foreign affairs councils, such as the World Affairs Council of St. Louis and World Affairs STL, host international visitors as part of their programs.
7. What we provide: We provide logistics support, accommodations, and opportunities for engagement with local professionals, community leaders, and organizations.
8. Promote citizen diplomacy: Through our programs, the foreign affairs council promotes citizen diplomacy and foster international understanding.
By facilitating meaningful interactions between international visitors and local communities, we aim to build bridges, foster relationships, and promote mutual respect and cooperation.
Dallas International Affairs Council (DIAC)
The purpose of the International Visitor Programs department at Harvest Christian University is to facilitate international exchange programs for visitors from other countries through "The Dallas International Affairs Council" (DIAC) and the U.S. Department of State to organize professional programs and cultural exchanges for international visitors.
This department also provides logistics support, accommodations, and opportunities for engagement with local professionals, community leaders, and organizations. Overall, the purpose of the International Visitor Programs department is to promote cultural exchange, foster diplomatic relations between countries, and contribute to global understanding and collaboration.
The international visitor's council through (DIAC ) host international visitors and coordinates with the state department to help strengthen U.S. engagement with countries around the world to cultivate lasting relationships.
The International Visitor Leadership Program is the U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange program. Through short-term visits to the United States, current and emerging foreign leaders in a variety of fields experience this country and develop lasting relationships with their American counterparts. Professional meetings reflect the participants’ professional interests and support the foreign policy goals of the United States.
Each year nearly 5,000 International Visitors come to the U.S. on the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). More than 200,000 International Visitors have engaged with Americans through the IVLP, including more than 500 current or former Heads of State or Chiefs of Government.
DIAC is an International Visitor Programs that coordinates with the U.S. Department of State’s premier professional exchange program, the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP). Working with an extensive team of local volunteers, businesses and community leaders, the program plays a key role in building diplomacy and international connections.
The IVLP is an opportunity to experience American culture firsthand, cultivate lasting relationships, and inspire leadership to address global challenges. U.S. embassies abroad nominate emerging leaders in various countries to participate. Alumni of the Harvest Christian University include more than 300 current industry and civil leaders.
DIAC Visitors Program facilitates the exchange of ideas and knowledge. The visitors take with them an expanded understanding of how to enrich and develop the professions and cultures of their world.
These programs contribute to global understanding, collaboration, and the development of strong international networks.