The Kingdom of Hawai`i Royal Accreditation Commission (KOHRAC) was formed January 2018, by HRM King Edmund K. Paki-Silva Jr.
King Keli`i’s Decree announcing the formation of KOHRAC states that KOHRAC ‘s purpose is to provide clear recognition of Indigenous cultures and unique methods of education and acknowledgement of the Way of Knowing common to all indigenous People.
The unique educational tools developed over a two-year period are provided by KOHRAC to form a bridge to conventional Western higher education measurement. KOHRAC includes development of Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate level Indigenous Knowledge course curriculum. KOHRAC has designed for its members Indigenous education methods, progress measurement tools, and testing programs. These innovations based on Indigenous methodology represent a unique niche of higher education which honors the Way of Knowing and its individual application for personal education and growth.
Our accreditation with KOHRAC accomplishes the following specific functions.
• To provide course curriculum available for Higher Education which can be used directly or act as a template for a particular culture.
• To provide measurement tools for Indigenous instructors which work appropriately with the Way of Knowing.
• To provide testing methods which accurately portray the level of achievement of individual participants.
• To provide a means of critiquing and certifying existing education programs and institutions in Indigenous and Sovereign cultures.
• Assists members to examine cultural educational goals, operations and achievements with a current view to saving and preserving ancient ways while preparing Indigenous Peoples to thrive in today’s world stage.
• KOHRAC incorporates an external, supplemental, review team to ensure compliance with existing higher education standards as well as Indigenous higher education standards as apply to the Indigenous Way of Knowing and ancient culture practices.
• KOHRAC encourages global recognition of the Indigenous Way of Knowing as standing equal with Western education.
• KOHRAC provides a forum for members to discuss global issues related to Indigenous cultures.
• KOHRAC provides expertise, guidance and influence through its Advisory Board of global indigenous and sovereign
Measurement of Indigenous Knowledge
The introduction of academic studies through IIE Model represents the ability to recapture those things taken away due to rampant doctrine of discovery with attendant colonialism and suppression of indigenous culture. Graduation from the IIE Program accomplishes a state of full self-empowerment from within the Indigenous Culture. You may have been repressed and invisible, but it is an eternal truth that free will and the agency to be anything you choose is always under your control. Your great Indigenous knowledge was stolen, and you were forced into a culture that is not your own. Loss of your language, theft of your creation story and traditions, forced off your inherited lands; these were the result of the genocide of colonialism. The Doctrine of Discovery indicated Indigenous were sub-humans, not capable of owning land. The origin of the doctrine goes back to the papal bulls issued by Pope Nicholas V in 1452 and 1455 respectively, allowing the invasion and killing of the Indigenous Peoples. European countries like Spain, Portugal, England, France, and Holland used the doctrine.
The United States Supreme Court also expounded the Doctrine of Discovery in the case of Johnson v. McIntosh in which Chief Justice John Marshall supported a government’s right to hold title to lands that their subjects had travelled to and occupied over the native people who were not European Christians nor under a European Christian monarch. Such cases intentionally invalidated Indigenous possession of the land.
This evil thinking simply is not true and never was. Knowing your true heritage, embracing your culture and learning your own traditions, re-establishes your inherent rights, your self-determination and your sovereign status. You will be the expert of your inalienable right to live as an indigenous person. The yoke of Colonialism is removed and your heritage is to be respected, loved and defended.
(Royal Ministry of Education)
STATEMENT: On November 22, 2002 the Prime Minister, Council of Regency, Na Kupuna Council O‘Hawai‘i Nei and Na Kupuna Council Hawai‘i Moku (Royal Kupuna House of Nobles) proclaimed Edmund Keli`i Paki-Silva as the lawful successor and Ali‘i Nui Mōi (High Chief and King) of the Kingdom of Hawai‘i. This act brought the government of The Kingdom of Hawai`i into its current active status.
With The Kingdom of Hawai`i government in place, King Keli’i is moving forward with the full Ministries organization as a further operational expansion of the existing Kingdom government.
Honorable Jeremiah Mofoluwaso Abdulrazak Agboola
Kuhina A’o / Royal Minister of Education
Honorable Jeremiah Agboola brings strong leadership to the Appointment as Royal Minister of Education for The Kingdom of Hawai`i. His background includes effective management of human and capital resources, with proven team-spirit and ability to coordinates and achieves organizational objectives. Possessed extensive experience in Higher Education Leadership, Business Processes Management, Organizational Development and in conducting Quality Management Internal Audits.